Thursday, February 5, 2015

God's Biochemistry



Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe (Cor, 1:20-21).

Unbelief is the basis of all atheism, weak-pitiful mankind depending on self instead of depending on God. Most of the people I know want God in their image instead of them in the image of God. Christians beaten down by a pagan world, God becomes an antiquated idea. Even the inconceivability of real men having real wives and children. No one, even the wildest science fiction writer could have convinced my parents-grandparents that in this writer's lifetime, people of the same sex would get married, some in a church. Most of the people I know have their hand on the doorknob of the door of faith but never open the door enjoying the grace, salvation of the Creator of the universe. " I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was" (John, 17:4-6).

Aldous Huxley's, Brave New World said we will teach people to love their slavery. For the 21st century Christian, those whom you would change, you must first learn to love and you must let them know that you love them. This applies to the physician, the pastor, the professor and most of all to the parent.

There is nothing like the power of images in changing people. Truly, "one picture is worth a thousand words." You cannot understand the horrors of abortion until you have seen one. In another article, I have described my images when I saw an abortion in the operating room of a United States army hospital where I was on staff... those little hands, little feet taken from the womb of a "mother." In my lifetime, when I was in school, we were embarrassed to even speak of abortion. Now, people sneeze and wheeze toward any healthcare facility, wanting an antibiotic or drug for anything. I can tell you that all today's major diseases were unheard of just 60 years ago: Cancer, Parkinson's, Diabetes, Autism, Vascular Diseases (the greatest cause of death), etc.

Like your automobile garage, like shopping for everything, eBay, Amazon, etc. life's activities have become a recipe book, your a slave of nanotechnology. Your doctor, he is more a dunce than a dynamo, spends more time with his hands on his computer keys than he does your body. For him, it is simply a matter of symptoms here-drugs there. When did your doctor ask you what you eat, nutrition. No one talks of cures, only treatments. In Europe, 50% of the population will die of Cancer. Just recently, the Society of Oncology in Spain, stated that 50% of all babies are born with cancer (Sputnik International, 2015). We were not there when 5,000 Jews were gassed in the death chambers at Auschwitz every few hours, everyday. Some do not believe that this Holocaust actually happened, but we are here now, when 3,000 babies are aborted each day. The Holocaust of OUR lifetime (56 million since the infamous Supreme Court decision of 1973). Just this week, I am celebrating the birth of my first great grandchild (Olivia, 8 pounds, 4 ounces). Her precious parents, grandparents, great grandparents so happy over this precious child. In 1964, Psychiatrist Eric Berne wrote the book Games People Play. This writer is so tired of people playing games... just going through the motions, whether "sick care", patriotism, political deceit or pretenders in the pulpit or pew.

I have written at length about my online selling activity. I started many years ago with marvelous items I have brought back from world travels (Dr. Morris has made 8 around the world trips, traveled every continent, passports stamped in 157 countries). I then sold my Civil War and large antiquarian book collections. Able to employ college students, etc., we enjoy going to yard sales, thrift stores, where we buy items which we can sell for profit... raw capitalism. Money from this business as well as my other enterprises has helped me to help others with college scholarships, church progress, no secret to anyone.

This past Saturday, one of my assistants told me there was a church yard sale to benefit Haiti (Grace Baptist Church, Highway 40, Wilmington, NC). The sale was held in the large church's fellowship hall. In the past, I have met members of that congregation, an independent Baptist church. I do not sit in judgment of anyone, certainly not a church, but I was amazed-surprised that my driver and I walked through the facility where much "stuff" was displayed (none of which I could resell) and not one person in that large hall spoke to us, not even to a "Good Morning." (More amazing, since it was cold, I was wearing my veterans cap, medical caduceus, rank, patches showing DAV-Korea, etc.) I was wearing a very nice overcoat. On all my coats-jackets, I wear a Christian cross. I want everyone to know whose side I am on. As my only child, son, PHD, Seminary Professor said after I told him about the incident, "low hanging fruit" (Psalm, 92).

That day, at the next yard sale, I was immediately recognized as the blind doctor who talks on the radio (Lieutenant Colonel Morris is a totally blind, 100% disabled, service connected, 85 year old Medical Officer Veteran). The matter I am trying to impress, God is honored by our Christian attitude-testimony, even in a church facility. As a poet said, "If iron rusts, what do you expect gold to do?"

The writer has two grandsons, an attorney and an engineer. Like their Seminary Professor father and his wife, both former SBC foreign missionaries all living in Fort Worth, Texas, were here visiting me. I invited several people to lunch. One pastor sitting across from me, while the grandsons were on either side of me said, "I hope you boys are as great as he thinks you are", talking about me. I wish, in God's Biochemistry, he could instill in me and others, the greatness he expects.

After my mother's death, my driver would drive my car up into the countryside to visit my father, still living at the home place. My driver, would say every time, "He will be sitting on the front porch watching for you", and so he was, waiting and watching. We would take him out to eat, visit some relatives, etc. My prayer, from a very imperfect man, people who profess will not have those who possess watching and waiting for them. Whether patients, patrons, parents, mechanics or even matrons who know how to flex the computer keys. The Christian life is not complicated, just demanding and tough. Faith is 90% raw courage, the courage to fight battles even though the war has been won.

No comments:

Post a Comment