Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Loose Pieces




"There is a place of quiet rest, near to the heart of God; a place where sin cannot molest, near to the heart of God. Refrain: O Jesus, blest Redeemer, sent from the heart of God, hold us who wait before thee near to the heart of God."

If the root is rotten, the entire tree is rotten. This writer has stated on national radio talk shows, from pool pits and speaker platforms. "I am amazed that most young people turn out as well as they do considering the 'homes' from which they come."

            My driver and I were sitting in a fast food restaurant when black woman had come up to the counter, evidently to get her paycheck. She was obviously an employee who had been fired. Some words were exchanged between her and the manager, she went into shouting with profanity I had never heard before (and this writer is an old solider). She caused chaos in the restaurant, everyone stopped eating. My driver said "she has a small boy with her who acts very unconcerned, I'm sure he's heard all those words before."

            We live in a fractal society, a broken culture of broken people. We walk among loose pieces of humanity. Seventy percent of children come from homes without a father. Children need both a father and mother in the home. The sanctity, sanity of life revolves around the sanctity of marriage and sanctity of birth. There are two things which the church cannot compromise, abortion and same sex marriage. If the church compromises with these two sacraments...no matter what denomination, you might as well nail up the doors and put up a funeral-death wreath.  

New Guinea I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

            I have often asked myself the question, what if I had not been born in America? What if I had not had the parents I had? What if my parents had not made sure I sat on those hard benches at our country church. What if I had not had the blessing of attending a public school, a great university. a great professional school? What if I had not had the ambition to work hard and make something of my life, in spite of everything? How could I complain about anything, when god has made it possible for me to see real heathenism in the world? When god has made it possible for me to study the weaknesses of my own country.

            Think of it, America with the greatest healthcare system in the world, spends more on healthcare than any other country in the world. Yet, the mortality rate for babies is 10x higher than that of most underdeveloped countries. One-half of the worlds population lives in cities and growing at 50% each year, poverty in these cities is rampart. Decedent politicians, who do not pick up pieces, but break things makes sure the families are destroyed through legalized gambling and abortion clinics. 72% of all black babies are aborted. The richest nation on the earth, richer than the dreams of Midas, 49% of our population relies on government checks. Every time this totally blind, 100% disabled, medical officer veteran picks up the pieces of his memory, thinking of that dirt road in poverty stricken eastern NC where he was raised. No power lines or water, remembering the sweat of his mother and father. Remembering when he worked in the sweltering heat for one dollar a day. Looking at a cast iron cooking pot which his ancestors used to cook when they came over from England, I know both the blessings in my life and the certainty that he holds those responsible for compromising our great American heritage. Are those who sit on soft church pews, who hold their hands over their heart in patriotic gesture, any better than the heathens who dance in the fires in New Guinea?

            My great joy, my constant constellation, the grandeur of our large table.... communion with him. In solitude, everyday of my life I take the bread and wine in remembrance of what he has done for me, healing and forgiving. 

#1729


No comments:

Post a Comment