Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Call For Help




I am part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed."
The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made. I am a disciple of
Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down,
back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present
makes sense, and my future is secure.
I am finished and done with low living, sight walking,
small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams,
chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position,
promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I now live by
presence, lean by faith, love by patience,
lift by prayer, and labor by power. My pace
is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my
road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few,
my Guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought,
compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back,
diluted, or delayed.

I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the
presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy,
ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander
in the maze of mediocrity.

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until
Heaven returns, give until I drop, preach until all know,
and work until He comes. And when He comes to get
His own, He will have no problem recognizing me.

My colors will be clear.


The author of the above narration is unknown. Believed to be a missionary to Africa, anyway, this person knew the Christian message. General Stonewall Jackson, a devout Christian said, "I can go into battle without fear, with the assurance of knowing that he knows the number of my days. Both  George Bernard Shaw and Mark Twain, wrote about Joan of Arc, now a saint, in the fourteenth century, knowing her devotion to God and country. Before being burned at the stakes, she made the statement, "I am not afraid... I was born to do this." There are only two groups of people in the world, those who are desperate and know it, and those who are desperate and don't know it. 

Most of the worlds population lives close to water. For years, this writer has owned a home right on the ocean. Often, I cannot see what's going on, but I can hear activity on the beach as someone needs help. This past weekend, one of my friends heard a women calling for help as she struggled in the surf. A surfer with a surfboard got to her first. Does the average church member (those who have heard the truth) actually realize the desperation of needing help? Salvation? Does the average church member actually realize or is even concerned for the needs of his fellow man, who are in an eternally lost condition? Those who do not know enough to even call for help. Those of us who are saved usually think of these indifferent, desperate people who do not know their needs as living in third world countries. Many times they are on the street were we live, many times in the very house in which we live. 

The Jewish people thought they were exceptional, Gods chosen. There were no questions asked, no rituals performed. At the "Passover" of the death angel, they were saved simply by having some animal blood over the door. At the red sea, they all passed through on dry land. It was Gods business, he is "boss", he chose to save them. It was in the wilderness that he tested them. And only a reminisce of the two and a half millions who left Egypt, actually made it to the promise land. 

There was still a time of testing. Only once, never again, this reminisce, following Gods instructions, marched around one city until the walls fell, and they were told to kill everyone. This writer once asked a Theologian, "Why did god require so much killing in the Old Testament? Even women- children- animals." I will never forget his answer "And every time they failed to do so, they lived to regret it." 

God knows what he is doing, the most difficult thing for the human mind to accept, the sovereignty of God. 

Do we actually think, 21st century Americans, a nation so blessed, that God is going to put up with our foolishness? This matter of abortion, sex selection of babies (over 160 million girl babies have been killed worldwide, in preference to male babies). 

This writer has been to China three times since its re-opening. The first time I was there, right after the Nixon visit. My guide told me that the creeks have been clogged with female babies because parents wanted male babies (parents in China are under the one child rule). He told me that his own sisters husband, had strangled five of her female babies. 

I don't know what has happened in recent years, but when I was there in the 70's and 80's, soon after their birth, children became hostages of the state. All mothers and fathers had jobs, were at work. The state took care of babies- children- young people. I visited the "Children's Palaces", were the state trained the Chinese children... Great "fields" of boys in lines, doing calisthenics (gymnastic exercises).

Communism always accommodates the need of the state. When this writer was in the Balkans, at that time controlled by communist Russia, women were paid to produce children... Double payment for twins. 

Do we really think that God will put up with this silliness- nonsense of same sex marriage? Think of it, the most Catholic country in the world, Ireland, voting to legalize same sex marriage. I have not heard a peep from the Catholic hierarchy. In fact, this writer is totally gassed- antagonized- astonished, that it was the Catholic vote, along with the Baptist, who put Obama into office twice (Catholic's and Baptist's are Americas largest denominations. Can control the politics of this nation). 

Both Catholics and Baptists, perhaps so more than any other denominations, are suppose to be Gods promoters of family. What has happened to common sense, what has happened to the leadership of these two great denominations?.. Their silence is deafening. Standards are now so low, anything goes, even at the church house.

 America, more so than any other nation on Earth, calls for help. Ready always to go to war. There has been the war on poverty, war on drugs, we have spent billions looking for a magic pill in our war against cancer. We have more poverty- drugs- cancer than ever. America has lost all wars since WWII. When will we recognize the source of all help? I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep (Psalm 121 1-4). 

#1739

No comments:

Post a Comment