Friday, July 24, 2015

Mr. Trump and Veterans

#1762
July 24, 2015
Mr. Trump and Veterans
“From the Halls of Montezuma

To the shores of Tripoli

We fight our country’s battles

In the air, on land, and sea”

The Marine’s Hymn

America’s Veterans need to believe in Donald Trump, Our needs, to date, have been ignored by the power brokers in D.C. and elsewhere. 

Republicans thinking they might win in “16” have rolled out “16” wannabes, next expect NRC to magically produce Harold Stassen for another run. 

Veterans know that V.A. just wants them to commit suicide…Suicide is much cheaper than caring for them. 

This totally blind, 100% disabled, service connected medical officer veteran, and housebound at 85, living alone is supposed to get minimal care…someone from a local agency coming by twice a week.  It has been a month since the last pretender was in the house.

There are 2000 “so called” healthcare agencies in North Carolina. There are 5 supervisors to give oversight. It is my experience that the employees of these agencies have little or no training. It is a blind man’s house…like a candy store…stealing and doing nothing except talking on their cell phones.  I have been in a battle with cancer for many years, one stole my pain medicine, money, and food surely the agency that sent these people could come by and clean up behind them. 

Mr. Trump, my situation is no different from many others.  V.A. never gave me a white cane, not one minute of rehabilitation.

I refuse to be a victim but, the world should know this…before I leave it.  I was born in poverty on a dirt road, no power, no phone, no water lines.  From a small, poor, country school, 13 in my graduating class I went on to work my way through 8 years of professional training, jumping through all the hoops so I could serve as doctor in an army hospital. They took away my future, my security, now my dignity.  It is a cold-dark-lonely world. 

Mr. Trump, Having served on the staff of army hospitals, maneuvered through veteran’s hospitals it is all a matter of government controls without controls.  Most of the employees of the V.A., be V.A. and, indeed, government in general they simply don’t care. It is a matter of just going through the motions… just two things in mind for most employees how little can I get by with, and, retirement.   

Dr. T.R. Morris
Lt. Col USA Retired
Blind/Dictated

   

No comments:

Post a Comment