Monday, November 16, 2015

VA Leads Country On Road To Infamy

#1792




The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center will provide transgender veterans with primary care, hormone therapy, mental health care, and social work services, says local NBC affiliate WKYC. A calendar of events from the VA states the medical center will celebrate the opening of the transgender clinic on Thursday, November 12.

This totally blind, 100% disabled, service connected Medical Officer Veteran of the Korean Era has trouble believing the infamy with which the VA, representing millions of Veterans is leading this nation. 

Thomas O'Kempis, IMITATION OF CHRIST, said, "I am what I am, before God, no more no less."  Most Veteran's do not sit in judgment of anyone.  We know that the best men we ever knew are buried, many in foreign soil, believing that they were giving their lives for the promises of America

The Disabled Veteran, particularly the blind, loses his joy, his future, his security and then lastly his dignity.  In a cocoon of blackness we think what could have been...life, family, enjoyment...perhaps even some fun. 

This Veteran was born in poverty on an Eastern North Carolina tobacco farm, hard work/hard times.  I saw the sweat of my parents, grandparents and all those wonderful people who just wanted an opportunity to live responsible lives, serve God, pay just taxes, keep the laws of God and man. 

This Veteran went to a small strident country school...13 in my graduating class.  There was one incandescent light bulb hanging down from the ceiling.  Running water was a new thing, a real plus for that school.  My parents/grandparents had attended schools on the same school grounds with privies/hand pumps. 

The county superintendent made arrangements for me to be accepted at the oldest State University in the Nation, UNC Chapel Hill.  I remember my mother saying, "life will be very different for you there.  But if you did not want improvement, you might as well stay home.  You will be different from others but you are smarter than others, you will have to work, but you can do both."  So, working at night, going to class in the daytime (I still remember running from work to get my head in a book and study for an exam) I sold bibles during the summer, door to door (covering every pig path in Eastern North Carolina)...I could talk their language, I was able after 8 years of traumatic study, to have a "Dr." in front of my name. 

During the Korean Conflict, every Dr. served in the Military (Draft Dr.'s Law) I jumped through all the hoops to attain all the necessary requirements for a Commission, to have the expertise to give care to service members.  I had believed during those years of study and hard work that someday it would pay off with my being able to have some of the better things of life.  After all, I had been raised on a dirt road, a God blessed home, without power, phone or waterlines.  Other than Hinton James who walked the 90 miles from the town where I live to Chapel Hill UNCCH's 1st student that I was the only student ever there (most were sons of the elite of NC...legislators/judges/men of  power) who came from a home without running water.  Recently I heard representative Virginia Fox in the US Congress say that her husband did not have running water in his home when he went to Chapel Hill.  We are not stuck where we start, one man plus God and anything is possible! 

Your writer is the worlds best example of this...that I can come back from the military, blind, and with determination/instructions from Jehovah God, travel every continent of the world.  Work/invest/give of myself entirely to God and Country.  AND only God knows what this 85 year old man has endured; living alone, taking care of myself completely.  The joy of the Lord is the happiness one knows in realizing that the evil of the world cannot reach him.  To make a living, I have carried on with a business in my home...investments, rentals, sales.  I am convinced that many of the employees who work for me went to picking out as soon as they came in my house what they wanted to steal.  I have known what Paul was talking about when he talked about "bearing in his body the marks of our Lord Jesus" (Galatians 6:17) and the fact that we must "wrestle" against the powers of the air. (Ephesians 6). 

Life for me has been a wrestling match and my country has not helped out very much.  The VA never even gave me a white cane, not one minute of rehabilitation, 50 years after I asked for one, they finally sent me a reading machine so that I could enjoy books on tape.  The last time I was at a VA hospital, the Dr. would not treat me because he said "in your file I find that you write letters, make complaints about the VA".  I have made complaints about the VA on the behalf of many Veterans who aren't able to complain, who don't know how to complain and I have found that no one cares.  I said to the Chief of Staff of the same VA hospital that refused to treat me last time I was there (Durham, NC) "across the street at Duke Eye Center there are volunteers who lead blind people around... to the various clinics etc. in the maze of treatment, the Chief of Staff said, (and I have this recorded) "We do not need your advice Dr. Morris, we are just waiting for you to die."  We can see where Government's interest lie, in protecting the "sexually confused".   AND the American citizenry expect to win another war.

No comments:

Post a Comment