Wednesday, February 24, 2016

#1804 Charles, and all the redeemed, R.I.P.

#1804
Charles, and all the redeemed, R.I.P.




"The Lord delights in you!" Isaiah 62:4
Is It Possible, that such poor, depraved, unworthy creatures--can be the objects of Jehovah's delight? Yes! The infinite love of God has been fixed upon us from eternity! Because He loved and chose us, He sent His only-begotten Son to die for us! He sent His Holy Spirit into our hearts to regenerate us!

"You have loved them--AS You have loved Me!" John 17:23
Yes, the Father has loved us--just as He has loved Jesus--with an infinite love! 

Every believer, though . . .
  his faith is weak,
  his fears are many,
  his corruptions are strong,
  his troubles are great, and
  his temptations are sore--
is the object of Jehovah's delight!

Let us therefore endeavor to pass through this day, yes, and every day--believing and realizing: 
"I am Jehovah's delight!
 I am the object of His highest love!
 I am the subject of His sweetest thoughts!
 I am His portion for evermore!"


O incomparable privilege! 
Wondrous source of comfort, holiness, and love! 
You have more cause for gratitude than an angel!

  This week I learned of the death of my friend Charles Couey, Nashville, TN.  Like this writer Charles was blind, a committed Christian, Pastor, husband-father and friend of my only Child (Dr. John Morris - South Western Seminary). The last time I talked with Charles by phone, we talked about our eternal life and the glory of having eye sight.  He said "I most want to see my blessed Lord". The greatest grace and greatest desire of the real Christian - To see our Savior face to face.
  How do the unsaved approach the inevitable certainty of death?  The mortality rate is still 100%. I simply believe that most people with whom I come in contact just refuse to face the fact of death. Most think that everyone is going to heaven, even though there was never repentance of sin or any evidence that they trusted in God.
  I so remember the day of my own mothers death. We had returned from the hospital from where she had died. Family and friend had begin to fill our wonderful country home. The wife of one of my mothers cousins, a woman who my mother loved dearly, came over and sat next to me on the front porch. Of course everyone new of my mothers impending death from cancer.  This cousin had lost her only child in an automobile accident a few years before.  She said "Thomas, I do wish I told Sallie to tell Eddie how much I still love him". It never occurred to her that her son, who had never given any evidence of being Christian, never attended church and lived a boisterous- rowdy life had gone anywhere but to the same place as my Christian mother. When are believers and nonbelievers going to realize that everyone that dies will not rest in peace "RIP"
  The greatest consolation-comfort in the world, at ones own death or the death of a loved one is the grace of redemption which Jesus paid for on Calvary. This writers greatest wealth, and I have been blessed with making the wealth of capitalism is the certain knowledge that I am already enjoying eternal life at the sunset of my life, age 86, I know that I will experience clinical death. The unsaved, will not only experience clinical death but are already dead while living.

  Charles and I could not experience, from sightless eyes the beauty of this world-sunsets-flowers-tasty food BUT, because we have a great insurance policy, because we signed a blank check giving our lives, our all, to the cause of Christ we will have the enjoyment of seeing what God has prepared for those who love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment