Tuesday, October 27, 2009

From The Goo, To The Zoo, To You




I was in the middle of my 8 years of university education in 1953 when the scientists, Watson of Chicago and Crick of Cambridge, announced their discoveries of DNA, the genome of life. I actually believed that this would end the debate about creation and evolution. The promoters of Godless evolution are so intent on living a Godless life that they will do anything to give man a Godless, hopeless existence.


A recent university graduate challenged me recently on my faith in God, even though I have degrees in science. I said to him, “I can write out all the formulas for the clotting of blood. I can write out all the formulas for the photosynthesis of plants. I can write out all the mathematical equations for the bending of light rays as they enter water.” At one time in my life, I could trace a drop of blood through every blood vessel of the chief of God's creation, your marvelous body. At one time in my life, I could stick a hat pin through any anatomical structure and tell you the cellular structure of every cell it penetrated. Your body is made up of trillions of cells, 14 billion in the human brain alone, each cell, with enough DNA information concerning your family, to fill 10,000 pages of printed material. It takes more faith to believe in evolution than to believe in the sovereignty of God. Pride is the beginning of every sin. Only the pride of man, would lead one to believe that he has the intelligence to understand the formation of the universe. (Genesis 3:22).


The most important thing in life is this knowledge, to know Him. (Philippians 3:10). To the young university student, I said, when you die, even as sanitized as modern man has made death, you just become fertilizer. As Carl Sagan said in his TV program “Cosmos”, “This is all there is to it. There is nothing more.” When I die, my body, too, will deteriorate. But, I have a soul (you cannot see, weightless and without mass). My soul has an eternal life. This is the difference in a scientist who has a sane belief system. He knows the absolutes of right and wrong, the absolutes of atomic weights and the periodic table, the absolutes of the decibels in the music scale, the absolutes of the colors of light refraction, the absolutes of the colors in chemical elements, the absolutes of Newton's laws of motion, the absolutes in the speed of light. Scientific evolution is a myth, a fraud. Anyone who has ever seen rust on metal, seen the deterioration of a virus, knows the scam that has been perpetrated on mankind and is still upheld by academia because man is inherently evil, and does not want to be held accountable for anything. He would believe in God if God would behave according to his wishes. All over the earth, men, wanting to believe in something greater than themselves, have carved out their own gods, of wood or stone, and then just discarded the scrapings.


The unbeliever, the atheist, the agnostic, easily recognizes hypocrisy. This is the first thing they throw in your face regarding Christianity. “I am just as good as so and so, and he goes to church.” They never recognize holiness. As I said to a group of university students in China, “Enlarge your thinking. You think your computer nanotechnology is marvelous. I have been to both the Arctic and Antarctic. There are 4.5 million square miles of glaciers at both the top and bottom of the world. The God I worship designed every snow flake, every ice crystal found there. The God I worship holds the oceans of the world in His hands. With His fingers he measures the heights of the Himalayas. He sticks his foot into the Marianas Trench, the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean, as His foot bath. Yet, the very hairs of the heads of His children are numbered.” (Luke 12:7)


Faith is action based on belief, sustained by confidence. Ninety percent of faith is just raw courage. Have the courage to test this faith. It is only available to those who trust him. (There is not much future for the rest of you.)


I do not see how a person survives life in these troubled times without an all-consuming faith. Man's inhumanity to man, since the Garden of Eden when the first brothers, one killed the other. There has been warfare involving individuals and nations.


If one ever questions the ability of God, He can take a boy born in poverty on an eastern NC tobacco farm, see him through years of professional education, protect him through a long military career, send him around the world many times and preserve him for continued service. It is not a chance that this type of thing could happen anymore than it is a chance that this universe could just fall into existence. Do you really think that a beautiful rose, a child's smile, a magnificent crystal, just happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment