Thursday, September 20, 2012

Method to Madness





Method to Madness

            This totally blind writer, army officer with feel grade rank, 100% disabled, service connected from the Korean war era, in the darkness that has shrouded by life for over 50 years, living alone, hearing the sound of the city helicopter encircling our small town (I did not hear helicopters circling the communist-police state countries), hearing speeding police cars with their sirens blasting-EMS traffic, often ask God, HUMBLY-PRAYERFULLY, "What has happened to my country?" America, at the end of 2010, had more people in prison than any other civilized nation.... 2,266,800. As many have told me, "Tom, they live better than you do." It is not necessary for them to prepare their own meals (you should see a blind man trying to fix food). They have someone to clean for them, have medical services readily available, the latest in "workout" equipment, have well paid counselors-ministers, "bowing to their every need." Prisoners do not worry about paying bills-taxes.  This writer pays nearly 100,000 dollars a year, blind, cancer ridden body in taxes. Money which he worked out-invested as a blind man.  I can not see the T.V, read media, drive anything on the highways which my taxes provide. I don't want anyone to blast me now for portraying myself as a victim.

            Do not consider me mad in this method of praising my triune God. Jesus paid too great a price for my salvation. As with so many of the chosen-called-predestined, he drew me, kicking and screaming from the life of sin and rejection and put me under the redemption umbrella of His grace. If it had been left up to my university professors, all of whom attempted to persuade this bright mind to follow Satan, I of all people, would be most pitiful...doomed to a life of disappointment here on earth, eternal damnation-Hell after my short stay here. (I was 82 this past week, it seems like yesterday that I was in the first grade, Nahunta School, Wayne County, NC.) Unbelievers often question the judgment of God. Why God allows horrors in the world...war, hunger, floods, murder, often to those who the world feel are so innocent. We forget to analyze the goodness-long suffering of God. If God were nothing but goodness, there would be no end to the procession of people seeking God, seeking church membership, seeking to serve God, everyone would want to be on the Heaven-bound express. The true faith involves loving-serving God in bad times, times of brokenness-sickness-death-debt. God set his parameter, his rights, with just one tree in a perfect world.  Man and woman, in whom he breathed life and a soul who had perfection, simply would not obey. They were allowed to eat of every tree except the "no-no tree." Satan, whom God had kicked out of Heaven along with 1/3 of his angels, ALWAYS know man's weaknesses. Satan always attacks our weaknesses. Eve did not have a chance against Satan, nor do we. The holy spirit of God in us-determines our life. "Greater is he that is in you, than He that is in the world" (1 John 4:4). This writer has found, in family, friends, associates...idol worshippers, that we want to design our own God. We want to pick and chose what we want to believe. God does not need us, can get along very well without us, and chooses not to spend eternity with most people, "only His chosen." "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6:44).  There will be many pew warming, "do-gooder," friends and foes who will be very disappointed, they chose to go to Hell on the caboose instead of first class.

            Our Christian walk-talk extends into our daily lives. God does not expect his chosen, those who believe in Jesus, to spend their lives on their knees, or even all their time at the church house. As with those with whom he walked and talked during his short time on earth, "God putting on a tent of flesh, dwelling among us" were busy making a living and a life.

            I would not attempt here to go into every area of living. But, in investing, their are many indicators. I am convinced that the entire world is heading for a melt down...perfect storm, financial chaos resulting from a mid East war and even a Pacific war involving Japan and China. One indicator is the Hindenburg Omen, named from the Hindenburg disaster, 1937, I well remember my folks talking about it. The omen is a technical analysis pattern where market losses and gains spawned to predict a crash.

            Another prognostication of the paganism in which the world finds itself...a world of fast food, GMO's, MSG's, obesity, diabetes, at a time of great scientific knowledge, umami, our fifth taste, used in manufactured foods, which like the most addictive foods, fats, sugars, salt, bring disaster to the health of anyone.

            From 1961 to 1975, the greatest health horror story involved thalidomide. The German pharmaceutical company Grünenthal, straight from the cauldron mortar and pestle in Hell, produced a prescription for pregnancy morning sickness, resulting in about 5,000 surviving babies, 2,500 dead babies, and God alone knows how many died before birth. These babies were born deformed in every way, absent arms, legs, etc. Most survivors died young. They are still supported by the British socialized Health system. Big pharma putting out this poison never apologized or paid one dollar in compensation. The company is still in business, now manufacturing insecticides and prescription pain medicine.

            Here in the room where I dictate, there's a large, cast iron fireplace cooking pot, used by my ancestors when they arrived on American shores. From Morristown, Burlington County NJ, farms there (I have in my possession the survey of the first farm, dated 1766), farms in North Carolina, plowing the good earth, planting seed, harvesting crops, praising God for the opportunity of hard work. These were real farmers, land owners, tax payers, God fearing citizens who built the churches and school's where their children thrived. This writer was raised on a dirt road, no power, phone, waterlines, 12 grade country school, 13 in my graduating class. I felt privileged to work at night in order to attend university during the day for 8 years. I felt honored to jump through all the hoops to serve my country, in army hospitals as a medical officer. The disgrace of our nation, the greatest shame of the American experience, treatment of disabled veterans and handicapped citizens. This totally blind, housebound veteran with cancer has been waiting 62 days for prescribed medication. Representative Mike McIntyre's local office is within 5 blocks of my house. If God is real at all, and I believe with all my heart that he is, those with the power to "heal" our country, "help" veterans and the disenfranchised, will pay a price for their negligence.  The scariest verse in God's book: "Before the LORD; for he cometh to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity" (Psalms 98:9).

No comments:

Post a Comment