Sunday, November 24, 2013

Washington Follies

Washington Follies

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

(1 John 2:15)

            This writer, world traveler, was in the country of Mali, Africa. We have heard much about Mali, the destruction of the ancient temples there in recent years. I had visited the Dogon country, probably the world's oldest continuous civilization. My guide had become ill, still in the hotel in Bamako (capital and largest city in Mali). So that I would not miss any flights, he had sent me to the airport by cab. The Mali air service had only two planes, I was in one of them heading for Johannesburg, South Africa. The two planes ran into one and other on the one airstrip of the country.

            The airport terminal was about the size of a family garage. And as in so many of these third world countries, natives filling the place, watching the only excitement of their world, taking up all of the seats. I was sitting on the floor, in one corner, of the air terminal, with my camera bag and two suitcases... dejected, discouraged. One young man had pestered me to death, trying to sell me a homemade sword, he did not realize I was sightless.

            There have been many times of desperation in my life, and I breathe these words to God. "It has been a good life, you wanted me to experience the world. I believe it is time to call it quits. I can't go any farther, here in this black continent, alone." About that time, God said as clearly as I could talk to anyone, "Get on your feet, I'm not through with you yet." About the same time, the airport manager took me by the arm and said, "Come with me doctor. I have a plane ready for you." He led me to the tarmac and to the plane, my only stop, to buy the sword. The engines of that small plane SUNG "great is thy faithfulness". All the way to Johannesburg, the terminal manager there, a huge place, met the plane, led me off, and on to my connecting flight to London. As I crossed the large terminal, I heard one young girl say to her mother "Look mama, there is a blind man with a sword. I wonder who he is mad with." Thank God, there have been good times in my life, when the sunlight of God's love and care rested on me. There is a Bob Dylan song, 'The Times They Are A-Changin', " Come senators, Congressmen, Please heed the call, Don't stand at the doorway, Don't block up the hall" There was a time when I encouraged individuals and groups not to give up on my country. Certainly, if it was worth giving my eyes, worth the hard work, and taxes which I continue to pay, worth the allegiance of my ancestors, who first landed on the continent in 1677. Just think what it was like for them to cross the Atlantic in a small, rickety ship (The Good Ship Kent). Sparse food, lack of basic hygiene comforts. Then, think of building shelter from the weather. They having to bring every tool, hammer, saw, weapon, cooking pot from England. They must have believed that the freedom afforded by the shores of this nation was worth their efforts.

            200 years later, both homes of my maternal and paternal grandparents, I still remember as a child, sitting on the bench at the dining room table. Chairs were very expensive, all furniture hand made. The many children in the homes were brought up to sit on benches, and I felt so grown up sitting between two of my father's brother's, my uncles. I later remember WW2, these uncles, like my own father, having gone to the war. My old grandparents, attempting with hired hands, keeping the farming operations going (there were hired people because the blacks did not go to war, and many of the poor white men could not possibly pass the physical). It was during WW2 that the nation finally came to grips with the health condition of it's people. The majority of white youth, both urban and rural, could not pass the physical exams. This is why the WPA (Works Progress Administration) was organized. Feeding, conditioning, young boys to perform public works jobs. And even sending a part of their earnings back home to their destitute parents.

            There was a time when the average citizen, such as your writer, could write letters to federal and state legislators... even your own congressman. Your elected representatives do not answer letters anymore. There was a time when these power brokers- opinion molders actually believed in the American Spirit. I once attended the Foliage Bougere in Paris, a make believe world of falsity. Such has become Washington D.C.- make believe- falsity. There was a time when real Christians, real patriots, would have laughed at cash for clunkers, midnight basketball, Obama Healthcare. Where abortions are provided for young girls, but not hearing aids for the elderly.

            Is it possible, as was speculated by historians, that some humanity escaped the great flood of Noah's time, underground, giving us a race of people, a mystery population- strange people, with which the world must deal. Is it possible, that the Nazi's built large underground fortresses at the South Pole? Speculation about this has persisted for many years... UFOs, strangulations of the world's financial conditions by the Illuminati. Is it possible that we have a satanic group now hovering over the world, giving directions for everything. Slowly conquering what is left of capitalism and Christianity. We know that fortresses have been built in many places, that 250,000 Nazis were never accounted for, that much of Hitler's brain power was openly brought to this country. It simply is not possible that America has lost all it's common sense-sanity so rapidly... loss of small farms, factory farms, a corporate farming system, such insane practices as insecticides in seed. If you owned a high price race horse, a much pedigree dog, would you feed these animals the type GMO food stuffs that your children are fed at the school house, the fast food house, or even your house? Like animal food shipped to this nation from China, with a filler of plastic products. Don't you know the animal body can not digest- utilizes synthetics?

            America has become a profane- broken culture, and most people don't seem to care. If you have ten people at your dining room table, each of these people, from the youngest to the oldest, owes the American government a debt of $53,000. The politicians, and those who contribute the huge donors, electing them. The millions of bureaucrats appointed by them will survive any financial disaster, because, as in any follies group, they are all dancing to the same tune. It is only those of us who do not know the dance steps, who still believe in sins ruined and Christ's redemption, who still believe in hard work and the sense of accomplishment. That will survive the greatest test, the test that will scare performers to death. The day of judgment, when God will take over.



No comments:

Post a Comment