Saturday, June 13, 2015

Americanism

#1747
What thoughts are conjured in the mind of any human being?.. Surviving the rising tide of evil. Sometimes you feel like the windshield, other times the bug. When we are young, we feel as abrasive- powerful as a windshield. As we age, the golden age, which should be the best, we feel more like the bug, being smashed and "flicked" around.

As a totally blind veteran, your government first took away my identity... Then, my security, and now, my dignity. When you don't have family, when just about everyone else is attempting to see how deep they can get their hands in your pockets, you wonder if it was all worth while.

I was born on a dirt road, no power, no phone, no inside water lines, as with everything else in Eastern NC, "just a Democrat party stronghold of poverty. From a country school with 13 in my graduating class, I was blessed by God to get to the university, and by working at night, going to class during the day, sometimes starving, I matriculated through 8 years of university training to have a "DR" in front of my name.


Then, the war, all doctors draft, and I am back at home, having jumped through every hoop and barrier, the government through my way, depending on the largess of government and others. Never any prospects for real family. Your real friends dissociate themselves from you, "out of site out of mind." You manage to survive, day after day, you refuse to be a victim, because you are a victor in Jesus Christ. He assures you over and over, "I am all you need." So, a man with a brilliant mind, at one time able to chase a blood sail throughout every pathway of the human body, I made a living buying and selling junk. It was difficult to forgive those who worked for me, those who stole from me, those who stared at me, but, I look forward to the time, eternal time, that I will be normal again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment