Monday, June 22, 2015

Measure Twice, Cut Once

#1752

"He not busy being born is busy dying."
For over 50 years, this sightless veterans best friend, has been the radio. Not only does the radios sounding in various rooms, help me get around, but I have learned so much just from listening. I can no longer get healing from the beauty around me.

Mother Angelica said, "One thing about getting old, you look back on things you thought would never happen, which have happened, but you realize more and more that God does not make mistakes.

In my 85th year, dealing with young people, I realize that the messages I send to the future is in the lives of the young, a time I will not see. I once heard one of my favorite uncles say about his young daughter, "I wish mama could have lived to see her." Our ancestors were g
iven a view of the future, sighted by their faith. My parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, new that in living their own responsible lives, they were directing their decedents to responsible futures. Lives and lifestyles, much better than theirs, as far as comfortable living is concerned. Although I think it would be hard for my grand-parents to realize climate controlled homes, talking boxes, and certainly mans in-humanity to man. Even the callousness of next door neighbors.

Joel was my mothers first cousin. I was so young during WWII I barely remember him. But I do remember that Joel was a very kind young man in a very un-kind world. Like my mothers only brother, other of her cousins, Joel fought the Japanese in the South-Pacific. My mothers brother and others returned un-harmed by war. But Joel returned sick.

He never recovered.

His wife had worked during the war, and after, in a dime store in town. Woolworth's. Her work kept them alive.

Joel got his medical attention at the VA hospital in Durham. He died there. Another cousin, Pauline, who worked at a tobacco factory in Durham, would go by to check on him. One of the other veterans told her that Joel laid in the bed for over one day after he died... Such is the care of  veterans. We hear so much malarkey about care of veterans. This old veteran has had the sign read to him at that VA hospital in Durham, "The price of freedom is visible here."

22 soldiers commit suicide every day. The VA would prefer that all veterans commit suicide, it would be so much cheaper than caring for them, just a cheap casket with a flag.

Perhaps the greatest lesson of my life, has been tolerance. I never could understand pretenders in the church, pretenders at the court house, and even pretender patriots. Then, one day, it hit me like a bolt of lightning. We are only suppose to love the sinner, God will take care of the sin. Remember, God destroyed the human race at one point in history, saving only one man and his family to supplant the Earth again. (Noah, Shem, Ham and Apathetic and their wives). 

The Earth was about 5,000 years old at that time, and had about the same population as today. Just think of all those dead people. A beautiful world filled with sin. They scoffed and ridiculed Noah as he built that great arc of deliverance, a ship about the size of the Queen Mary... Dimensions given by God, ratios still used in today's ship building. 

My seminary professor son, another Dr.Morris, has just returned from a mission trip to Asia. He found, just as I found, in many trips there, that most of the world is eaten up by un-belief... Not even loyal to false religions, in-transient in Atheism. 

Think of America, one third of all children live in homes without their biological father, news everyday about same sex marriage... Sexual relationships that could never produce children. A new heathenism, comedians at funerals... as if, supposed angelical, do not laugh and clap enough at a worship service, now, funeral services, were families can be entertained instead of grieving for their loss. which shows again, even emotions are fakery. Cosmetically produced, smiling but not happy, that same nauseating phrase, "Have a good day."

I wonder if young people understand the expose of the Facebook page. What might comeback to haunt them later when applying for a job. 

Thank God, all feelings are not fake. Many feelings fact. One do-gooder group supplied a prison with mothers day cards, (cards to send to their mothers). They used all of them, then had to send for more. The group did the same thing for fathers day. Not one prisoner asked for a fathers day card. My own father always drove me crazy building things, when he built a hog trough, you would think he was building a grand piano, always measuring twice before he would saw. Now, I understand, this writer was a poor father, he, a much better one. We can be so thankful for our heavenly father. +++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment