Thursday, September 22, 2016

#1877 Moonpies and the Grist Mill

#1877

Moon Pies and the Grist Mill


(A bag of stone ground cornmeal, Dr. Morris' cousin at one time owned this company it was called, Rain's Milling Company, Princeton, NC.)

"Down by the Old Mill Stream" - Tell Taylor

     Down by the old mill stream where I first met you,
     With your eyes of blue, dressed in gingham too,
     It was there I knew that you loved me true,
     You were sixteen, my village queen, by the old mill stream.

It is hard to cut free from your past.  Trust leads you in many directions, in my long life; thoughts like addictions were so light you cannot feel them.  Books got this farm boy "through it all".  Like so many doctors, I had teachers-professors-associates who lied to me BECAUSE SOMEONE HAD LIED TO THEM.

Take common sense from the equation of your education and you don't have much left.  Healthcare, like patriotism, like Christianity, is not complicated...just tough.  I believe that 90 percent of Christian faith is just raw courage.  It takes real courage on the battlefield of life.

In study and in practice, a live witness to many live patients, I have found that simplicity is always best.  If you want health, keep the food you put in your mouth simple.  I so despise the word diet...such a fraud concept, so many attempting to capitalize on some type diet. 

The cells of your body must have nutrition.  The cures for most diseases are in the kitchen not the drug store.  Your body is a temple not a dumpster; you need God's food, not make-believe food, tainted with artificial colorings and flavorings.

Early in life, I discovered the secret of health.  My daddy would take me with him, when he went to the grist mill to get shelled corn ground into cornmeal.  (We would go to Sasser's Mill Pond, where there was a grist mill.  These mills were all around the state where there was a pond of water which would furnish power to turn a waterwheel.  This was before the time of electric power lines in the countryside.  The waterwheel would turn a wheel attached to a millstone which would grind the corn into meal.) 

Corn is a biblical grain; there is an average of 16 rows of grain on a cob with one piece of silk for each kernel.  Cornmeal has been a staple in homes around the world, called maize in the Bible.  Isn't it wonderful just to think that our blessed Lord enjoyed cornbread?

I found that patients, who lived somewhat isolated from the so called advances of the world, had healthier bodies...they ate God food: food directly from THEIR garden, eggs and chicken from THEIR chicken house, pork from THEIR hog house, milk and beef from THEIR cow barn.  They did not use poisons to kill insects and as my daddy would say, there was always some insect wanting to eat his crops.  (One of my patients told me that she had trained her turkeys to take one row at a time and debug her garden.)  They ate foods in their season, they knew that God had put every element in the good earth that their body needed for it's nutrition...either eating the plants directly that had fed on these elements or eating animals that had fed on these plants.

It is criminal what agricultural science has done to the health of mankind.  Big pharmacy not just content to keep everyone swallowing pills, in my lifetime, introduced pest and weed control to farm life; the chemical Round Up to control weeds is the leading cause of infertility in animal life, not just your livestock but yourselves. 

The curse of nutrition-good health GMO's (genetically modified organisms).  Let me give you some snapshots showing you the effects of GMO's:  93% corn-soy-bean crops, effecting not just fertility, bringing on the disasters of autism-diabetes-heart disease-cancer.  You would think that smart farmers would know that a toxin that would destroy insects would destroy their own bodies.  There are chemical sprays put on everything-fruit trees-grapevines-berry bushes.  I am afraid the average uniformed preparer of foods does not wash fruits and vegetables, any of today's raw food products should be thoroughly washed, soaked in water to which vinegar has been added.

One of my "smart" assistants brought to my kitchen a plastic bag of salad greens, she said, "They are ready for your salad; you don't even have to wash them."  I said, "Go to my office and get a magnifying glass.  Look in the crevice of these leaves and tell me what you see."  I thought she was going to get sick seeing all the trash I would have put in my mouth if I did not wash such.  Think of this the next time they bring out a bag of that trash and put on your buffet table in your local restaurant.  Another thing these simple farm folks who would be considered by their superior friends on city streets, they do not have the addictive cravings from fast-food.  Do we really think that those of the golden arches are not attempting to spoil you with artificial everything, including artificial meat?  I have told many that the makers of diet soft drinks should be imprisoned, aspartame is a poison.  Sprinkle it under your sink; it will kill your roaches.

Everyday of my life, I pray for refugees-migrants-hungry children around the world, who are just trying to survive, I have seen the simplicity of humble food around the world: kush kush Africa: black bread-Russia:  brown rice-China.  Born in poverty, I knew what it was to have just potatoes on the table BUT, ask any person raised on simple food, they still desire it.  There is nothing better to this old-wealthy-educated-blind male American than corn bread.  I had rather have a cake of my mother's corn bread than the most expensive dessert found on the dessert buffet table at the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong.  (I have eaten there, the most impressive hotel in the world.)  Keep the food you put in your mouth simple and you will live longer.  Stay away from GMO food, artificial-addictive-asinine menu choices.  Stay away from processed foods, foods that have been in storage for a long time.  I am told that most orange juice sold on special in grocery stores, came from large storage silos, often stored for years.  Careful of cereals, many have plastic fillers...the same type plastic filler put in pet foods.  Do you really think you will get any nutrition from plastic?  Did you know that plastic leaches cancer causing chemicals into foods, such as meat wrappings, coffee cups, and those wonderful plastic bottles of water? 

People should be put in jail that put artificial sweeteners-poisons into the sweets which we all enjoy, EVEN THOSE WONDERFUL MOON PIES.  

No comments:

Post a Comment