Wednesday, October 19, 2016

#1886 Green Zebras

#1886

Green Zebra



"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were.  But without it we go nowhere."  - Carl Sagan

John Grisham, America's favorite storyteller (if this writer could only write like this man, a man who has made millions writing).  Once said, it is much easier to write books than to sell books.  This sightless, old veteran always loved books, now loves to read books on tape.  Of course, for any book to be a best seller, it must be a worst smeller.  But, most people with any age and maturity at all, know that this world is not a perfect place, and in reading books, as in listening to conversations, you must learn to filter out the drab-ugly-obscene.  I love legal thrillers.  This writer, a doctor, would have loved to study law but, as Gandhi said about Christians, I have known too many lawyers.  Only one other profession enjoys a lower esteem in my thinking than lawyers...psychologists.  One lawyer sent a husband seeking a divorce to one of his lawyer friends, in a note to his lawyer friend, he said, "The wife is my victim; I will let you skin the husband.  Together, we will take what little money they have left." 

In the courtroom scenes, smart lawyers will always say something for the jury's benefit, which will be objected to by opposing counsel; the judge will admonish the lawyer who made the statement.  The judge will instruct the jury to "disregard" what the lawyer has said.  Of course, the jury will remember that, if nothing else.

I have one sister; she is so like my mother that it is amazing.  My sister, like my mother, will always say, "You did not hear that from me, you must not tell anyone."  They both knew full well that it would not be forgotten and you would surely tell others.  Even Jesus, in his miracles, would often say don't tell anyone.  After Jesus cured a man of leprosy, "And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them."  (Mark 1:43)  Jesus knew human nature, if I were cured from a dread disease, I would be shouting it.  The man who had laid by "gate beautiful" at the temple, for forty years, crippled from birth, begging, asked Peter and John for money...Peter said, "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk."  (Acts 3)  When he was healed by Peter, he was leaping around, not letting these two great men get out of his sight.  

I believe in divine healing as much as I believe in anything but, it is God's business.  If he does not heal me here, I know he will heal me there.  I once upset a Catholic priest in South America, we were staying in a hotel near a Catholic shrine, he wanted me to go down and bathe my eyes in the water of the shrine.  I know that thousands go to Lourdes and other such places every year.  I said, "Father, I have more faith than you, if God wants me healed from my blindness, he can do it any place-anytime." 

When lawyers, speak of disregarding lawyer's statements, it is called green zebras.  They know a person would never forget a green zebra.  There are things which, we, human beings, never forget and, same way; there are things which we want others to remember.  Rumors will always multiply by the minute. 

We live in a world of making good first impressions...green zebras.  We patronize doctors-lawyers-friends who have fancy homes or offices because it makes us feel better-look good.  Many of my acquaintances, lease automobiles, pay huge house mortgages to impress.  One of my friends owned a large exclusive department store (Weil's, Goldsboro, NC) he told me that so many of the town's upper class women would come in his store and "buy" an expensive dress, wear it to one party, where she could impress her friends, then put the sales tickets back on it and then return the dress to the store.  Occasionally there would be some crumbs or something else showing she had worn it, we could not say anything because, then she would be mad and stop really "buying" anything from us.  In my own business, someone will buy an expensive print, after they receive it, make copies of it, then return it to me having found some type blemish...reason for buyer's remorse or refusal and of course, eBay refunds their money, no questions asked. 

This country boy will have to admit that he was so ignorant going off to the university.  He believed in the sanity and sanctity of the human mind.  How quickly he found that sinners act like sinners, that liberalism is a mental disease...liberals, people who always see green zebras...sublime hypocrites.  My first experience with these elitist from rich homes-prep schools-crocodile tears for the disenfranchised...back in the dorm, drunk on Saturday night, fighting with the fire extinguishers, such a mess all over the halls for the black janitors to clean up.  The liberals, the social climbers, the country club crowd, all so interested in impressing one another...focusing on green zebras, the tragedy, living a life of deception and perception, NEVER REALITY...even at the church house, never recognizing the sovereignty of God.  God is permitted in their mind if God is willing to follow them, not them follow God. 

A mystery to some, particularly the unsaved, the more religion is persecuted, the faster it grows.  I was at a place in China, where three men called me over, one said, "Are you a Christian?"  They told me they were Christian; we recognized one another, the Christian church, so persecuted in Communist China, NOW, today, more Christians in China under persecution than the population of the United States.  In 1917, atheism became the religion of Russia.  Karl Marx had predicted that religion and capitalism should be built together so that both could fall together, religion the super structure of capitalism.  By 1954, Russia had discovered that the more you persecute religion the faster it grows.  This writer visited great cathedrals in Russia that had been turned into museums (Saint Isaacs, St Basil, Peter, and Paul).  Godless atheists did not stomp out Christianity, did not stomp out capitalism.  Churches-businesses are already thriving in Russia.  On my trips to Communist China, I saw more and more revival there each trip. 


When you lie to Congress, you lie to the American people.  When will Congress learn that there are green zebras of deceit, pushed by liberal-communist of our nation, such as the "patrons" of Planned Parenthood?  When will America discover that those great biblical phrases on great buildings in Washington really do mean something...even at the Supreme Court?  The news media, democrats, and university elitist have surrendered to Satan and are heading to Hell with him.  We must point to certain non-negotiable green zebras on which we will not fail or flinch, abortion, euthanasia, stem cell research, cloning, and the destruction of the home via same sex marriage, these are non-negotiable, we will not surrender.  

No comments:

Post a Comment