Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nihilism

#514


Nihilism argues that life is without objective meaning, a form of agnosticism or atheism. In other words, very much like the lower animals we just act and react depending mostly on instinct.

There is not one doubt in my mind that even before the foundation of the world (John 1) God chose me as his own. In many commentaries on my blog, and even in the biographical information available, there can be no doubt in anyone's mind that I am totally possessed by the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ. Knowing ahead of time that I would spend most of my life in absolute blackness, God wanted me to see the world while I still had a shadow of vision in one eye. He made all of the financial arrangements, kept me from falling into many holes on third world countries streets, helped me find my way around many third world country hotels and arranged for me to meet some of his most fascinating children...even though I had great difficulty understanding them as we tried to speak one another's language. Every time I met someone whom God wanted me to know, and until this day, and I know this seems nutty to an unbeliever, God gives me an indication of the appearance of the person.

Starting in the 60's, living alone still active in the world of real estate and securities...certainly not able to practice the profession to which I spent my entire life preparing, it was necessary for me to hire assistants.

I could write a book on the various people who have come into my life “supposedly to help me”. Living alone, houses full of nice things which I had accumulated over many years of antiquing and collecting, I knew I was an easy mark for someone. Let me make one thing very clear, the amount of pay has nothing to do with the employees involved. I have had several personnel services operating out of the buildings which I own, and I know about the pay a job is worth. I know full well, just as you have already suspected, that there are business people and others who have no compunction or hesitation whatsoever about ripping off a blind person. I do not own a refrigerator that would hold the money short changed from me over my life. One barber cheated me of $4 each time I went to him for years. The fact that I am a totally blind, 100% disabled service connected, Medical Officer Veteran has nothing to do with anything. The sinners simply don't care. They do not believe in scripture, judgment, decency, or anything. I truly believe there are people born without a conscious.

Each and every time I interviewed anyone for a job working for me, I would always make the same statement...”I was born and raised in absolute poverty, I starved myself through eight years of university education, working nights, going to school in the daytime. God has been too good to me for me to complain about anything. The finest men I have ever known are buried in Military Cemeteries. I have worked several jobs all the time my entire life. You see, I am a believer in self denial, living frugally so I can give much of my blessings to others. If you learn nothing else working for me you will learn how to save a dollar and you should get some inspiration from a life well spent in spite of disability. I want someone working for me who needs a job, who needs a paycheck, and someone I can trust. If you are smart enough to work for me, you should be smart enough to understand that it would be easy to rob me. I simply do not need the stress of not being able to relax when you are in my house. As you look around, you can see that I have a house full of nice things...expensive things...items I have brought back from all over the world. They are mine, they belong to me, but, compared to your immortal soul, it is all junk. I would not have you tempted and lose the eternal security of your soul, if you are a believer by taking things from me...a combination of everything combined in the seven most deadly of sins”. I usually do some testing, it is so easy, the first day or two, to leave a $5 bill laying around on the floor just to see if the person will pick it up and give it back to me or put it in their own pocket. It is so easy to lay a book or document on the floor just to see if the person is concerned enough about my things to pick it up. One cleaning woman, her first day, stole my bottle of Communion wine out of my refrigerator. I have my time of Communion each morning of my life at 5:00 a.m. A time of prayer...a small piece of bread celebrating the broken body of our blessed Lord...his stripes for our healing...the wine...his precious blood for our sins. You see, over a long life of blindness, I have learned to handle most things. I take care of myself totally, my own food, my own laundry, cleaning, investing, rental property, buying and selling, managing several businesses, all in absolute blackness.

The worst citizens I have dealt with are connected with my many rental units...air conditioning and heating, exterminators, plumbers, and the most insidious incompetent corporation on Gods earth; Progress Energy of North Carolina. The electrical corporation is even worse than the water and sewer authority which is terrible beyond all words to describe. You see, just as God cuts no slack to a disabled person, the politicians and bureaucrats and law enforcement take an insidious hateful attitude towards the disabled. Most disabled people do not use the facilities for which they are taxed...parks, jails, schools, libraries, and in most cases even sidewalks. In the area of which I live, crime is so bad that the Chief of Police sent a uniformed officer (Sergeant Buster Yost) to my house to tell me “not to walk on the streets but to stay in my house with the door locked”. So you see, the criminals have the American Freedom of the streets while the Disabled Veterans and aged stay locked up. The positively worse thief I have ever endured in my house was a woman, very competent at the computer, good work ethic...we are still listing things she stole while she was in my employ. Just yesterday, we found that she stole my entire coin and foreign money collection and a whole series of antiquarian Collier Magazines. My entire collection of sterling silver pepper and salt shakers are gone as well as much other silver and artwork. You see, it takes a long time for me to miss things.

I thought it was strange, since she did not work on Friday, that she volunteered to come to work on Friday and clean the upper floors of my house since I work everyday in the lower level with other employees. I am convinced that she had someone, probably her husband, come in the house each Friday and take out the things which she had already looked up on the computer as being worth more money than others. I caught one man in the house with her, one day, simply by accident. The day I let her go, she had run a traffic light, with the inevitable picture, and had acquired a fine of $50 with my car. I told her that since she was doing something for me, even though I cautioned all who drove my car to be careful with the speed traps, that I would pay half the fine and I handed her $25. I checked and she never paid the fine and I had to pay the $50. So, I told her I would not need her anymore. As usual, she left with much cursing and ugliness.

She and her husbands problem they were “defrocked” Jehovah witnesses having been removed from the church for their sexual perversion. I did not know anything about this until I let her go. THEN, THEN, MY OTHER EMPLOYEES COULD INFORM ME OF HER PERVERTED ACTIVITIES. THEN, THEY COULD INFORM ME OF HER TATTOOS ALL OVER HER BODY. HER BIZARRE HAIRCOLOR ETC. Is it not strange, that “supposed” Christian men who saw her leading me around would not tell me about her appearance, knowing full well, that a woman who has no respect for herself or her body then to have that appearance should not be working for a man of my reputation? You see, as is always the case, there is never a con man that you do not like. They all have a glowing personality. She had a glowing personality as long as she was accomplishing her purpose...her purpose, to clean out my house of everything valuable. I have no idea what the total amount would be in dollars.

The tragedy, law enforcement could care less. Those who worked for me could care less. The neighbors and others who saw her in and out of my house and probably saw her loading her vehicle from my house, could care less. We live in a world where people simply DO NOT CARE.

Without God, you cannot know God. I cannot expect people who do not know God to care about me. I just ask for the grace to forgive...because I have been forgiven for so much. Only those who know our blessed Lord, who know his forgiveness, can understand true forgiveness. Only those who know what it is to be thankful, can know thankfulness. I am thankful that God allowed me to enjoy my nice things, that I had the joy of buying them, that I had the joy of using many of them and I have the joy of knowing that the sovereign God of the universe, who counts the very hairs on our head, who knows every sparrows fall, keeps a perfect score book and one day it will come her time to “settle up”. This is not the only time, but it was the worst time. One day, one employee told me about going to another employees house and he said, “she has the painting she bought from you hanging over the fireplace in her living room”...I never sold her a painting. “Be sure, your sins will find you out” (2 Samuel 12:9-14).

It is truly an immoral, evil person who would take advantage of the disabled and the disenfranchised. (Colonel Robert McCormick).

No comments:

Post a Comment