Monday, March 8, 2010

When you're old

Addition by Dr. Morris,

This is as amusing and sensible as it sounds. I can tell you without fear of contradiction that such is true. I pay taxes at the rate of hundreds of thousands each year...as a totally blind person, I could write on a very small piece of paper anything that I get from these taxes. Disabled people do not use jails, parks, librarys, or assembly stadiums and few are welcomed in restaurants or churches because it makes the normal feel "uncomfortable". At least six times in the past five years I have called police to properties that I own, and you can ask the tenants that are still there, nothing whatsoever was done except giving me a number to give to my insurance company. I suppose, I really don't know why my telephone was disconnected twice in one year. I believe some drug addicts in this crime ridden downtown historic area were trying to get into my house, bypassing the security system. Police officers and a Sheriffs deputy told me that until I was "killed" there would be nothing that they could do about it!
One woman, a new employee, her first day, after having been trained by two people, came to work. She was inable to do anything, called another employee for instructions, and still could not do anything. I asked her if they did not show her the procedure. Since she did not evidently like the tone of my exasperated voice, she picked up a book and threw it at me, hitting me without too much damage. I immediately called the police and in the mean time a friend called, I told him what had happened (Joe Pascal, owner 5 Star Real Estate) and he in turn called the police. I told her the police were on the way, she walked into a hallway, and I got to an inside door and locked it. The police did nothing whatsoever (employee name, Sandy Scott). This is the type of thing the disabled are against...those of us who live alone...who are only expected to work, pay taxes, even though totally blind and an 80 year old 100% disabled, decorated veteran.

Dr. T.R. Morris
Lt. Col USA Retired
Blind/Dictated
Visit my blog at http://pockets1940.blogspot.com/
* For release to Disability and religious publications*
(910)-251-6218
(910)-762-9467

(Dr. Morris is a totally blind 100% disabled service connected veteran, 8 around the world trips, passport stamped in 157 countries)

*If you would like to be removed from this mailing list, please reply to this email with the subject line "REMOVE" and the email address that you were sent this email at*





Subject: Fwd: Fw: Fwd: When you're old.






HOW TO CALL THE POLICE
WHEN YOU ' RE OLD
AND DON ' T MOVE FAST ANYMORE.


Phillip Watson, an elderly man, from Norwich UK, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window.. George opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.
He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?"
He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me.
Then the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."
George said, "Okay."

He hung up the phone and counted to 30.

Then he phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well you don ' t have to worry about them now because I just shot them." - and he hung up.

Within five minutes, Six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Watson`s ' residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.
One of the Policemen said to Phillip, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"


Phillip said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"


(True Story) I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment