Thursday, November 15, 2012

Betray Us-Petraeus





Betray Us-Petraeus

            It was Greek mythology in Homer's "Odyssey," Odysseus', ears filled with wax, tied to the mast to keep him from the seductive female Sirens on the rocks at Scylla.

            And so it has always been. The first man, Adam, hand picked, seduced into exchanging the spirit of life given by God for the spirit of death. You see, it was considered natural for the heterosexual male to be so attracted to the female. From the beginning, the male blamed the female for his sin. We wondered what the result would have been if God, in a crazy act of irony-gay agenda-had created Adam and Steve...who would have blamed whom?

            The world gets crazier by the minute as the serf-peasant-slave of taxation gets up in the morning (these days essential that both husband and wife, work), prepare their most precious possessions, their children, for the government school where they get indoctrination, entertained, even get their food and healthcare. The normal American, hardworking- God fearing- tax paying, working and wishing as one half the population on permanent vacation with government care. 22% of the population on Medicaid, 37% of the population on food stamps, (46 million) Americans expecting government assistance with their food.

            Your writer is a totally blind, 100% disabled, service connected medical officer veteran of the Korean war era. I get out of bed every morning at 4 o'clock, every day of my life, a time of communion with God. Those of us who claim the name of Christ, are priest. I can remember Jesus' atonement, his forgiveness-healing as I take a small piece of bread and sip of wine. I pray for those on my prayer list: family, friends, neighbors, employees, tenants, the people who share in my life. I have a particular burden for the Christian people of North Korea, the remnant of Christians throughout the world. When you have governments, you have what governments can do, churches-what churches can do, money-what money can do. But, when you have prayer, when Christians around the world pray, then you have what God can do. The disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray, and in Matthew (6:9-13), you have the lord's prayer, really the disciples prayer. It is in John 17 that you have our lord's prayer. "And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth" (John 17:13-17).

            This is not your writer speaking, this is God, the creator of the universe speaking.

            In this bleak time in the history of America, every Christian should soak in the promises of John 17.

            Many have asked me why, at my age, this stage of my life, should I live such a RIGID lifestyle?

            You were not raised in my earthly father's house. The most rigid man one would ever know-hardworking-God fearing, always on schedule. Even when sick, he was up, working, on time. To this spoiled generation, even his own grandchildren, he would have seemed fanatic-unreasonable.

            And then, I took my rigid self control to the university. From the small country school house I poured myself into the esteem of being able to attend such a facility. Then as now, I was not surprised or amazed at the elitist who were able to take life learning so casually. In classes and dorm life, they talked more of golf-grants than work.

            And then, military service. I went in as an officer but committed myself to the discipline of the enlisted-codes, appearance, self discipline.

            And then, disabled, a rigid, even more strict discipline of survival. The business world is a cruel task master if you are going to survive the competition. You do not relax one minute, always learning-developing.

            The greatest, most rigid life is that of the of Christian warrior, putting on the whole armor of God, wrestling against the powers of the air (Eph 6:13).

            Don't ask, "How did we get here?" The 42nd President of the United States, sexual perversions in the Oval office. Now, even one of the highest ranking military officers, head of intelligence, caught up in backstreet-tobacco road type sexual dalliance-extravagance. Sexual extravagance which the world-country-participant's families (Paula Broadwell and Holly Knowlton, their husbands-children-all participants) can not afford. Then comes Major General John Allen and his supposed "unholy" relationship in this "intelligence" triangle.

            You can not challenge Einstein's theory of relativity unless you know something about physics. Those of us who have sinned, know sin, and thank God, know redemption-salvation from sin. The time has come for a big prayer meeting, asking God to humble us, pray, seek his face, turn from wicked ways..so that God will forgive our sins and heal our land (2 Chronicles 7:14). 

No comments:

Post a Comment