Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Connect The Dots

#490



“Singing old church hymns and nursery rhymes

From the days way back before my time.

With a little child upon my knee

Singing every sweet word back to me.

Look how far I had to come

To get back where I started from.”
Waylon Jennings


Thank God, we are not stuck where we start. Old age is not for sissies. I don't have many enemies because I have outlived them all. I'm not afraid of anything anymore because “I have been there and done that”. When people call me eccentric or silly, or when people steal from me, I just think of the greatest promise in the Old Testament, Jeremiah 9:12. I realize that there are 8,887 promises in the bible and that each one has been fulfilled. I realize that 27 times in the psalms we find these words, “the mercies of the Lord endure forever”. Jesus endured it all and remained righteous, from his birth until his cruel death on the cross. The youngest disciple, John, along with his mother were at the foot of the cross when he died. Lucky is the man, even God, who can have your best friend and your mother with you at the end. I stopped long ago, trying to explain God to unbelievers. Without God, you cannot understand God. To the chosen, to those who know God, no explanation is necessary. To those who do not know God, no explanation is possible.

The best explanation I can give of this involves the one man who wrote 13 of the books in the New Testament, Saul, who became the apostle Paul. He, like David, of the Old Testament, was a murderer but God had a very special mission for both. In the dirt of the road as Saul traveled to Damascus, God talked to him, man to man. I have walked down the street called straight in Damascus. Even Ananias was afraid to encounter Saul as he sat blinded but at God's command, he went to him and the blindness left...as does spiritual blindness leave everyone who has an encounter with God...and Paul, perhaps the most educated man of his age in the world, became the stalwart disciple of Christ. From Romans to Philemon, and certainly the letter to the Hebrews, the church finds everything it needs to know about God's mission for the church. Once, in Jerusalem, the great American comedienne Totie Fields said to me, “Dr. Morris, what is wrong with these Arabs and Jews that they must be in conflict all the time?” Frank Sinatra was in the same hotel at that time (both now dead, she was already in a wheel chair at that time).

In a few years, India will be the world's greatest power. I saw the conflicts between India and Pakistan while I was in Kashmir...this too involving religions. Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens, perhaps the worlds two most outspoken Atheists, blamed the world's problems on religion. Dawkins attacked from a biological standpoint and Hitchens from a historical standpoint. On the first of my three trips to Communist China since it's reopening, my Chinese guide asked me about American religion. Of course, in China, Mao who killed 70,000,000 Chinese in order to wipe out all traces of foreign influence and religion, even beat up “all tombstones” in cemeteries to build roads, destroyed all monuments and churches. Still, there are more Christians in Communist China than the population of the United States...over 300,000,000 though there as in North Korea and other Godless, collectivist, totalitarian, state controlled countries religion is defiled.

My Chinese guide told me that he was taken form his village commune early in life because the officials appraised him as being bright, easily controlled and he was given every advantage so far as education and had learned several languages. He said, “I have some memory of my mother and a sister whom I loved very much”. He was about 30 years of age and had had no family contact in over 25 years. He said, “my life consists of listening to Western classical music which I have smuggled in and reading all the books I can obtain. Of course, in the forced abortion, Communist regime, there are very few girls, no one for a young man to marry and if he is not gay has little contact with anyone.

China, so anxious to build up a large Army and civilian workforce disposed of all female babies and now has the tremendous problem of a large frustrated male population. Most, like my Chinese guide, just puppet slaves of the state. Mao, Stalin, Lenin, all agreed “no amount of political freedom will satisfy the masses”. The beautifully decorated subway stations of Russia, with their gleaming chandeliers, their marching uniformed factory workers, their great military exploits, even their “free” health care system did not bring joy to the masses. Only after the Russian system was exposed and expelled did Russia develop (now a real economic force). Churches and spirituality regained their prominence.

Western civilization would never have prospered if not for the Christian church. Whittaker Chambers, American writer, Communist, Soviet spy, left Communism and became a believer after studying his child's ear. It has been a mystery of my life that anyone can be an unbeliever who has studied God's chief creation, the human body. Chambers knew that it was a magnificent sovereign design system, only possible through a divine omnipotent, omniscient creator who could design such a phenomenal feature. Even more so would have been his study of the human eye (the chemistry of tears of joy are different from the tears of grief from the same lacrimal gland of the human eye). The clotting of blood in which every chemical component must react in just an exact manner, the DNA of every cell of the trillions of cells in the human body (every cell possessing enough information of the 23,000 genome characteristics that would fill thousands of pages). I thought when Watson and Crick announced the discovery of DNA in 1953 that the myth of evolution would be wiped clean from the school books of America but, academics, because of sin, are so anxious for young people to love the creature instead of the creator. The incredibly fallacious myth of Darwin's discredited philosophy is still being taught. It is only in a Godless, Communist, tyranny that, because of the advantages to the state and, the political correctness which is part of Satan's agenda, that this idiocy is still being introduced to young minds who do not have the courage of faith.

There are many absolutes in the world, the absolute of right and wrong, the absolutes of the laws of motion, the absolutes of the periodic table, the absolutes of the notes on a sheet of music. I want my pilot to be absolute about his knowledge of flying a plane, my surgeon to be absolute of his knowledge about where to cut on my body, my politician to be absolute in the integrity of government. I want my pastor to be absolute in his belief in sins ruin and Christ's redemption. I am an absolutest, a conservative, a defender of the right, an enemy of the wrong. It takes courage to have faith in the grace of God but that connects all the dots and gives you the encouragement to keep living.

No comments:

Post a Comment