Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Authority




“Obedience to lawful authority is the foundation of manly character.” (Robert E. Lee)

Many of you, especially the 'politically correct' who despise my speaking and writing because I tell the truth, will not like what I will say about authority; the most lost word in the American vocabulary. But, since you did not hire me and since you will not fire me, you will hear the truth one time, whether you will ever hear it again or not. I honor our blessed Lord who said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.” (Matthew 28:18)

75% of our young people, raised in church, many of whom have gone to Christian schools or have been home-schooled, once they go to college, where their teachers are 'real' and they have been convinced by the poverty of poor preaching and poorer Sunday School teaching that religious teachings are 'unreal', will never again return to a church. Most pastors have lost all authority with the church. They know nothing of apologetics and anyone who will volunteer, they deem 'qualified' to teach.

I have been amazed, in my lifetime, the ignorance taught in many Sunday School classes by those who are not only uninformed but also unsaved. How well I remember the large Sunday School class at Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis, made up entirely of medical, dental, optometry and other health care men and the teacher (CB Ramsey) who would stand in front of the class teaching, as tears would run down his face; so anxious was he, to teach God's word in its fullness. How well I remember, a young people's pastor filling in for the regular pastor at a church here in this very town where I live (Temple Baptist). He mentioned his wife's name 3 times in his sermon (Cameron) but never mentioned the name of Christ ONCE. Just as the board of Deacons of any church should have the authority to hire the staff, cleanse the membership rolls, it is the responsibility of the officers of the church, including the pastor, to show authority based on God's infallible word.

The Magna Carta, which dates 1600, states by Sir Edward Coke, “For a man's house is his castle, et domus sua cuique tutissimum refugium.” Even in this now totalitarian country, a warrant must be justified for a search. About 10 years ago, as has been the practice of this totally blind man for over 40 years, my driver came to my house at 8 am, drove me in my personal car to a rental office plaza (which I own) to check on some things and then by a grocery store to pick up some groceries for my needs. We always park, in my parking space, right at my rear door. My employees are very careful about my walking, but I always lock and unlock the doors and I, of course, know the security code. I noticed when I came in my back door that it had been abused and within 20 feet of the lower level, I ran into 2 police officers who had been searching my house without my permission, without a warrant, anything. My driver, following me carrying bags of groceries said, “What are you doing in this man's house? He is a totally disabled, blind Veteran! You have scared him to death!”

The officer only made one reply, “I know he is a Veteran, there is a uniform in his closet.” (I had kept one uniform for burial with all my rank insignias, decorations, etc.) Of course, in this city of absolute political and police corruption, there was no place for recourse. I have talked about this on the radio many times, but I am convinced that this is what precipitated this illegal action; trying to find something in my house with which to embarrass me and 'shut me up'. This is abuse of AUTHORITY. Just as in Atlanta when 92 year old, Katherine Johnston, trying to survive in her own house in a drug infested part of town; the police kicked down her front door, she, scared, sense enough to have a revolver to defend herself in this corrupt community, fired one shot at the door and the police fired 39 shots into her body. This is an abuse of AUTHORITY. We have read about such in New York City and other places. If the 95 year old woman, here in this city, just a few blocks from my house, owned a revolver, perhaps she would not have been battered and raped when she went onto her front porch to get her morning paper.

During WWII, my grandparents, together with an ancient Uncle who had never married and who had always lived with them, tried to carry on a farming operation after their only son was sent to the South Pacific. As a young child, assisting my mother in the same dilemma (my father was gone, Ft. Davis and Ft. Bragg, NC) with hired help from the community on both farms, I helped my mother milk cows and feed hogs just as I helped my grandmother milk cows and feed hogs and do all the other chores left behind, when young men went to war. The government had the authority to order them wherever just as later, as a young doctor, the government had the authority to order me wherever. Our young people have forgotten, if they ever knew, that there is always someone with AUTHORITY.

Most fathers have forgotten their authority. As in present day Iran, the protesters in the streets are mostly women, the men must be hiding in the closet. Where are the liberated women of this country? Maxine Waters, Barbara Walters, Whoopi Goldberg, why are they not assisting? I said to someone recently, the women who work for me all smoke cigarettes, the men do not. She said, “It is a sign of women's liberation.” Until Christ came, women were less than slaves. But women, for the last 2000 years, have taken on the responsibility of child-rearing, education, nursing, and are now flying fighter planes.

There was a popular television show, some years ago, entitled “Father Knows Best”. In my home, my father was the authority figure; my mother always gave him the honor of being the head of the house. This is the way it should be. Fathers should not be degraded as we find on radio and television. If you want a miserable marriage, marry a woman whose mother was in charge!

As a signal for present and future government authority, which will greatly affect the church whether you want to believe it or not, on May 25, 2009, a minister (Pastor David Jones) and his wife were interrogated by San Diego County authorities about having a prayer service, about 15 people, in their home. The county asked, 'Do you have a regular meeting in your home?' they said, 'Yes.' 'Do you say amen?' 'Yes.' 'Do you pray?' 'Yes.' 'Do you say praise the Lord?' 'Yes.'" A few days later the couple received a written warning that listed "unlawful use of land" and told them to "stop religious assembly or apply for a major use permit" -- a process that could cost tens of thousands of dollars. The time of having city officials and other politicians subservient to the authority of God's Word is long gone. In my limited political affiliations (I was president of a state group) I have found that most political people 'play church' just to get votes. I understand Governor Sanford (SC) was a wonderful church worker, a father, who did not have enough authority to control his lust, his home and is a disappointment to God and Country.

A professor at the University of North Carolina (Dr. Steve Robinson, UNC-W) has written a learned dissertation pertaining to failures of children when they are from fatherless homes, where there is no father figure in authority. Eighty-three percent of all prison inmates come from homes where there is no father authority figure. Over 50% of all suicides are from homes where there is no father authority figure. Boys, in particular, need the authority of a father; a father who they can esteem for guidance in their future home. Girls need the father authority figure so they can make a good decision about marriage, so they can have the love of a father in the home, and not have to look for it out in the 'bushes' or backseats somewhere. God, creator of Heaven and Earth, created man in his very image. Adam, made from the very dust of the earth, and mankind, through the centuries must be a great disappointment to our Creator. He gave to man the authority to even name the animals of the world. He gave to man the 'manliness' to hunt. He gave to man the ability to protect his family; the authority to proclaim His word and live His word in front of others. Our lives, as men, should be living epistles, ready to be seen and read of men everywhere. (2 Corinthians 3:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment