Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Human, Not Holy



The first woman to serve in the United States Congress was Jeannette Rankin. Even though I find fault with her politics, I admire her consistency. She was in the Congress when America entered both WWI and WWII. She voted against America's going to war both times. In her later years, it was learned that she had been given the preserved brain of Albert Einstein. Einstein, Jewish, unbeliever, one of the world's greatest “brains”, said, "The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." Even Einstein could not comprehend God, nor can any of us. Nor, can we understand why people do what they do.


People do what they do because they believe what they believe. Most believe that they can get by with something...those who do not believe God (Satan cults, agnostics BELIEVE IN GOD). Those of us who believe God, know that God is the perfect scorekeeper.


Traveling the world, many countries many times, I tried to bring home memories and things which would always be company and comfort to me. I hear about lonely people, bored people. I am never lonely or bored one second of my life because I am encompassed, even in my cocoon of blindness, by memories and things I can touch telling stories which I have tried to recite to you. I was in Tunis,Tunisia, when Arafat was still there...before he left for his tyranny in Palestine...before he ripped off Americans for billions, which his wife, Suha, now enjoys living in luxury in Paris in The Hôtel Ritz. Arafat is dead and we know where he is.


There are two things I remember most about Tunis. I went to a very old Jewish synagogue. The rabbi showed me a piece of soap made from the flesh of Holocaust victims. I had visited Auschwitz, seen the great cauldrons of evil, the cemeteries full of Stars of David and Christian crosses. Man's inhumanity to man is something we will never understand. Just remember, most are human, not holy.


Another memory of Tunis, a city known for the construction of beautiful bird cages. I have never owned a bird, I did give my mother a beautiful bird in a bird cage one time, which she let die. The seller told me he would make sure the bird cage I purchased in Tunis was “nicely” packed for shipping. I paid a “nice” price for the cage and for the shipping. I never received the cage, inquired every way possible, but as in many other times of my life, “I got taken”. I don't own a refrigerator that would hold the money that has been “taken” from me by short change artists at cash registers, stock brokers and trusted employees. People do what they do because they believe what they believe. I repeat, they believe they can get by with things.


I went to one barber for several years before I discovered that he was cheating me of $4 each time I paid him. Each time I would have my driver to check that I had $20 in my shirt pocket to pay the barber who charged me $13 to cut my hair. I expected to get back a 5 and two ones and, each time he would say, “The five is on top”. Each time, he gave me back three one dollar bills. We checked him several times, thinking that he was just making a mistake. My driver (Joe Rusch), last time would have gone in and killed this barber for robbing this blind war veteran but I said, “No, let him think he is getting by with something until he discovers he has lost a customer...more valuable than a well-paying stock.”


We know, just as you have already decided, people do not want to hear sad stories, particularly of sad people who take advantage of others, or even kill others as did the Nazis in the Jewish Holocaust, or the holocaust clinics in the abortion of American children. Even at your church, you have itching ears for beautiful stories and wonderful thoughts. “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;” (2 Timothy 4:3).


Listen to the TV evangelists and radio programs involving today's megachurches and their “so called” worship services. Like a Las Vegas nightclub, The Tonight Show, it is mostly just laughing and clapping, drums and drama, bells and smells. Do you actually believe that a minister of the gospel, called of God to warn people of sin's ruin and Christ's redemption, will have so much enjoyment at his message? To the pastor, when people leave your church, and they tell you how much they enjoyed your message, take no joy in the fact that you failed. After Christ preached, his followers left in dismay, no longer eager to follow or hear his stern words. (Matthew 23:25)


America is addicted to athletic events. A 30 second advertisement for the Super Bowl costs millions of dollars. You can be sure the advertiser would not pay that money unless there were millions of watchers, a stadium full of brawling, excited fans not in the least concerned about the real world. At the Super Bowl, watch the excited, undisciplined fans laughing about disciplined millionaires on the field...you, knowing full well, these same people are not excited about wantonness outside the stadium.


The unholy real world of poverty. The unholy psychologists and psychiatrists. The unholy academics without solutions. The unholy economists with their shortcuts to prosperity.


The unholy parents, pastors, school principals, patrons of the arts, parasites of society, only interested in progressive humanism, not holy answers. God told us to be holy for He is holy. (Leviticus 11:44)


I believe that faith is a verb. For the faither, the only way to study and attain any holiness within self and, as a witness to others, is through Bible study. God's Word is sharper than any two edged sword, it is the answer book. (Heb 4:12)


No comments:

Post a Comment